[Mike's place. Phoebe is on the phone.]
Phoebe: Okay, bye. Alright, so Mike's on his way over. See, you thought you guys were meeting here, and he thought you were meeting at the restaurant, so you know... Doesn't really matter who's right or wrong. Point is... I'm gonna take off.
好的,再见。好了,Mike已经回着来了。知道吗,你以为你们在这儿见,他却以为在餐馆见面,所以……谁对谁错不重要,重要的是……我要走了。
Precious: I'm not letting you leave until you tell me what's going on here. I mean, are you guys getting back together or something?
你告诉我到底发生了什么之前我不会让你走的。我是说,你们和好了还是怎么了?
Phoebe: Alright... Susie, can I call you Susie?
好吧……Susie,我能叫你Susie吗?
Precious: My name is Precious.
我叫Precious。
Phoebe: Yeah, I can't say that. uhm... Susie, I'm gonna be straight with you... Mike and I are back together... and uhm... unfortunately that effectively ends your relationship with him. And he's very sorry about that and wishes you the best of luck in all your endeavours.
对,可我叫不出口。呃……Susie,我想跟你直说……Mike和我和好了……并且,呃……不幸的是这样就要终结你们的关系。并且他对此感到很抱歉,并祝你好运。
Precious: I just can't believe this... Why?
我无法相信……为什么?
Phoebe: Well, I don't...
这个我也不知……
Precious: Oh, why would he do this? I mean, what's wrong with me?
噢,他为什么这么做?我做错什么了?
Phoebe: Nothing, there's nothing wrong with you.
没有,你什么也没做错。
Precious: I mean, what the hell am I supposed to do now?
我是说,现在我到底该做什么?
Phoebe: Damn it woman, pull yourself together! Have some pride, for the love of God.
可恶!你这女人,镇定点,镇定。保持你的尊严,看在上帝的份上!
(Precious starts crying)
Phoebe: Okay, not a fan of the tough love.
好吧,你好象不喜欢苦涩的爱情。
Precious: I just can't believe that Mike didn't give me any warning.
我真不明白,为什么他不给我点暗示在先呢!
Phoebe: But he didn't really know, you know. He wasn't planning on coming to Barbados and proposing to me...
他之前也不知道的。他本来没计划到巴巴多斯向我求婚的……
Precious: He proposed to you? This is the worst birthday ever . (she starts to cry again)
他向你求婚了?我这个生日真是糟透了。
Phoebe: Look, Precious... Mike's not worth this. You're an attractive, intelligent woman and let's face it, Mike's kind of a wang. I mean, he proposed to me while he was still seeing you... He was gonna break-up with you on your birthday ? And, I don't like to kiss-and-tell, but he cheated on you a lot this weekend.
听着,Precious……你不值为Mike伤心。你是个迷人的、聪明的女孩,你看,Mike简直有点混蛋。我是说,他向我求婚的时候甚至还跟你在一起……他居然想在你生日的时候跟你分手?并且,我本来也不想说的,不过这个周末他对你不忠的太多了。
Precious: Oh, my God, maybe you're right. Maybe I don't need him. I deserve to be treated with respect.
噢,天呐,可能你说对了。可能我并不需要他。我应该受到尊重。
(Mike enters the apartment.)
Precious: Screw you, Mike. You're a coward and a bastard, and I hope you rot in hell.
你这个混蛋,Mike。你这个胆怯的杂种,我希望你烂死在地狱里。
(she slaps him in the face, Mike looks like he doesn't believe what just happened. Precious leaves, and he turns to Phoebe.)
Phoebe: You're welcome!
不用谢我!
Where is Rachel?
|